Good news! The Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) has announced that more Singapore residents will be able to enter Sentosa for free. At the same time, they took the initiative to lower the fees. All changes will take effect from 1 October 2018.
Only those who walk in via Boardwalk can enjoy free entry.
Who are eligible for the free entry to Sentosa?
Below are the users that can enjoy free entry. Before that, they had to pay $2 per person.
- Personal Mobility Device (PMD) users and cyclists
- School groups from pre-schools, government schools, and government-aided schools
- An organisation and Community groups as well as those under the People’s Association and Community Development Councils
In order for the Groups to enjoy the waiver, SDC required them to pre-register their visit with Sentosa by writing to email@example.com. However, this is only applicable on weekdays, excluding public holidays.
Who are eligible for $2 per person to Sentosa?
Before that, visitors entering Sentosa via the Sentosa Express monorail at Vivocity pay $4 per person. Now, they will have to pay $2 per person.
- Senior citizens concession card
- Persons with disabilities
- Workfare transport Transitlink concession card
- Primary, Secondary, Junior College and ITE student Transitlink concession card
- Transitlink child concession card (Free)
Why the changes?
It is part of SDC’s commitment to cultivate a car-lite Singapore. In fact, this is to encourage PMD users and cyclists to explore the island resort’s on-road and off-road cycling trails.
With this intention, PMD users and cyclist will still have to follow with the Active Mobility Act.
The revisions to the lower fees are part of the island resort’s effort to deepen its engagement with the local community.
They will carry out the latest changes to the island for two years and hopefully, we can see even more promotion offer in this year.
For more information, the public can visit the Sentosa website for more information.