Not sure where to go over the weekend?
You can consider checking out the below national museums and heritage institutions in Singapore.
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) get to enjoy free admission throughout the year.
For special exhibitions where an admission fee is chargeable, National Heritage Board (NHB) will continue to offer free admission for citizens and PRs who are students, teachers, senior citizens, NSFs, and children under six years of age.
In particular, I love going to the National Gallery Singapore and National Museum of Singapore. There are several kid-friendly exhibits and installations that the little ones will get to enjoy and check it out.
Terms and conditions
It may need proof of identification:
- Singapore Citizens and PRs: NRIC
- Teachers: A MOE-issued EZ-link card or staff pass which has the MOE crest on it
- Students: A MOE-issued student pass/Student Matriculation card and/or NRIC
- Asian Civilisations Museum
- National Gallery Singapore
- National Museum of Singapore
- The Peranakan Museum
- Singapore Art Museum
- Singapore Philatelic Museum
- Indian Heritage Centre
- Malay Heritage Centre
- Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall
- Reflections at Bukit Chandu (Undergoing a major redevelopment. Reopen in early 2021.)
Other Participating Museums
- Army Museum of Singapore (Undergoing attraction review)
- Memories at Old Ford Factory
- Singapore Discovery Centre
For more information, you can click and visit their individual website.