Dyson Airwrap Styler is a new technology that allows you to style your hair on your own. They engineered the Styler to create curls, waves, smooth and dries your hair with no extreme heat. I am sure ladies will be excited to own this four in one styler.
How does Dyson AirwrapStyler work?
The Dyson Airwrap styler is powered by Dyson’s V9 motor. Spinning at up to 110,000rpm, generating 3.2kPa, it’s powerful enough to produce the air pressure needed to create the Coanda effect. The Coanda effect creates a spinning vortex of air around the barrel that attracts, wraps and curls hair without extreme heat.
Unlike traditional curling tongs or straightener, Dyson built it to protect your hair from the direct and extreme heat damage. The Dyson Airwrap styler’s thermistor measures airflow temperature over 40 times every second. It transmits temperature data to the microprocessor that is able to control the heating to under 150°C.
In order to style, your hair needs to be damp otherwise it will not work.
The quick release switch and cool-touch tips allow you to change the attachments with ease each time.
What is in the box?
Comes in a classy leather case with a black felt interior so you can store the different attachments after each use. Inside the case is a series of neatly arranged styler accessories. They include:
- The pre-styling dryer: Dries wet hair to damp before using the curling barrels and brushes to style.
- The soft smoothing Airbrush: Creates a smooth, blow-dry finish. The soft ball-tip bristles will be gentle on the scalp.
- Firm smoothing Airbrush: Creates a straighter style with less frizz.
- 30mm Airwrap barrel: Creates and set voluminous curls or waves. Comes with clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels for symmetrical curves. Suitable for most hair types.
- 40mm Airwrap barrel: Creates and set loose curls or waves. Comes with clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels for symmetrical curls. Suitable for those with thicker, coarser hair types.
- Round volumising brush: Directs air into the hair to give body and volume, and the bristle creates tension to shape hair as it dries.
Where to buy?
- Best Denki Ngee Ann City
- Best Denki Vivocity
- Harvey Norman Millenium Walk
- Harvey Norman North Point
- Robinsons Heeren
- TANGS VivoCity
- TANGS at Tang Plaza
- Dyson’s online site.
3 Dyson Airwrap™ Styler available
- Complete set with all styler attachment – S$699
- Smooth + Control Set – S$649
- Volume + Shape Set – S$649
Above prices comes with 2 years on-site warranty.
I was at Harvey Norman North Point and they don’t carry the S$649 set.
On the spot Trial
I had done a quick trial using a kid’s hair. This shows that how the air produced by the styler is acceptable on the kid.