The Ministry of Education (MOE) has released an update that there is a rotation of school principals in Singapore. This move comes as part of MOE’s yearly reshuffle exercise.
They will appoint them at the Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony for Principals on 27 December 2018.
Why is there a need to reshuffle?
First, it allows schools to benefit from new perspectives and enables experienced Principals to share best practices across schools.
In addition, they will have the chance to take on new challenges, and contribute by shaping and strengthening the work of the schools they’re appointed to.”
Lastly, the MOE had earlier announced that they would merge 14 primary schools, 6 secondary schools and 8 junior colleges in 2019. Due to the merger, they will need to re-appoint the Principal to the newly school.
The principals of the four merged JCs:
MOE merge the first time for JCs in Singapore.
- Anderson Serangoon JC (merger of Anderson JC and Serangoon JC): Mr Manogaran s/o Suppiah (Current Principal of Serangoon JC)
- Jurong Pioneer JC (merger of Jurong JC and Pioneer JC): Dr Hang Kim Hoo (Current Principal of Jurong JC)
- Tampines Meridian JC (merger of Tampines JC and Meridian JC): Miss Yoong Nyok Ke Pamela (Current Principal of Tampines JC)
- Yishun Innova JC (merger of Yishun JC and Innova JC): Mr Michael Nelson De Silva (Current Principal of Innova JC)
Newly appointed principals:
MOE also announced that out of 66, 10 are new appointed Principals. They will post 3 at primary schools and 7 at secondary schools.
- Anderson Primary
- Jiemin Primary
- Tampines North Primary
- Bedok Green Secondary
- Bukit View Secondary
- CHIJ Secondary School (Toa Payoh)
- Jurong Secondary
- Nan Chiau High
- Ngee Ann Secondary
- Punggol Secondary
For the updated list of school principals in Singapore, please click here.